Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Accomplishment: Job Application

It's been a while since I've written of my accomplishments, mostly 'cause I haven't accomplished anything. I'm not used to doing anything with my life other than write all day and hope that someone other than myself will get a chance to read it, so this sudden activity towards trying to make my way in the world is taking a toll. I've been taking a break, but it's about time I hopped back on the lampalugua (coolest monster name ever) and get to work.

My first job application was almost three months ago, and was quite an astonishing feat at the time. Before that any mention of getting a job would send me panicking. Things have changed recently, and I'm much more confident in my ability to not suck at things. The job wasn't even scouted out for me, but I decided to give it a shot. I found out about it pretty last minute. I told myself that I wasn't going to apply for the job, because there was no way I could get the application in on time. I was just going to fill out the application for the experience of it, because I'd never done it before. Then as I went along it seemed like it could have been possible to complete the form on time. I was able to organize and problem solve on my own, or at least more independently than usual, and got it turned in right at the deadline. I looked for employment at a couple other places before getting completely sidetracked by other matters. One of my new minions is an Employment Specialty Coordinator. She's the one who managed to convince people I was safe to keep around kids. She's still looking for jobs that suit me, and in the meantime I'll do some volunteer work to get out of the house. The form I did yesterday was online, so there's really no harrowing tale of awesomeness to accompany it. In fact, I should really take the time to flesh out the story of my first application, but there are other matters that require my attention.

I've been so focused on entering the real world that I've neglected my duties in the fictional world. I managed to jot down a couple short poems I'm planning to read at the next open mic. I've got everything set up to edit my animation except for my patience, attention apan, and relaxed demeanor. All three completely go down the incinerator whenever I try to work on this thing, but I'm almost done. Once I'm done I never have to look at it again. I need to tweak a few things in my graphic novel script. It's been a while since I've written anything in my novel. I also have something very important to draw.

Busy busy busy

No comments:

Post a Comment